Volunteering provides an opportunity to support a participant learning new skills and creates the time and place to be with wonderful people and special horses in a beautiful setting.
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER TRAININGS
Saturday, January 14th, 10AM-12PM
Saturday, February 4th 10AM-12PM
Saturday, March 18th, 10AM-12PM
If you are interested in one of our upcoming trainings, please email email@example.com or call (518) 672-4202.
Volunteers are essential to running a successful program. This is a wonderful opportunity to help others, meet friends, enjoy the outdoors, become involved in the community, participate in events, and learn about horses. It also can serve to fulfill community service requirements that your school or organization may encourage/require.
Program areas in need of volunteers include:
- Ground work with horses
- Barn work
- Special Events
If you have any other special skills that you would like to contribute to the High & Mighty mission, please let us know.
You must be 14 years of age or older and you must complete a two-hour training session. Beyond that, we are looking for individuals who are responsible, interested and positive. Previous horse experience and/or experience with special needs populations is a plus but is not required.
Ideally, volunteers are asked to assist fairly regularly, preferably at least once a week for about two hours. Regular participation allows meaningful relationships to develop and enables volunteers to experience a participant’s progress firsthand.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Assist others in reaching their goals
- Provide participants with individualized attention
- Develop an understanding of and contribute to the lives of those with special needs
- Grow your knowledge and understanding of our equine partners
- Learn new skills related to horses
- Share your knowledge, skills, experience, and interests with others
- Make friends while giving back to others
- Give the gift of your time
- Be part of the High & Mighty community
- Receive educational opportunities