Volunteering at High & Mighty provides the unique opportunity to support a participant in learning new skills while also creating a place to build relationships with wonderful people and special horses in a beautiful setting. Volunteers are essential to running a successful program and without them the program could not continue. This is a wonderful opportunity to help others, meet friends, enjoy the outdoors, become involved in the community, participate in events, and learn about horses. It can also serve to fulfill community service requirements that your school or organization mayencourage/require.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please email email@example.com or call (518) 672-4202. To download and fill out the Volunteer Application please see the forms tab.
Program areas in need of volunteers include:
● Ground work with horses
● Barn work
● Special Events
If you have any other special skills that you would like to contribute to the High & Mighty mission, please let us know.
You must be 14 years of age or older to volunteer in program; however, if you are younger than 14 and would like to volunteer, please contact us as there are other areas of need. We also require that you complete a volunteer training session. Beyond that, we are looking for individuals who are responsible, interested and positive. Previous horse experience and/or experience with special needs populations is a plus but is not required.
Ideally, volunteers are asked to assist fairly regularly, preferably at least once a week for about two hours. Regular participation allows meaningful relationships to develop and enables volunteers to experience a participant’s progress firsthand.
As a volunteer, you will:
● Assist others in reaching their goals
● Provide participants with individualized attention
● Develop an understanding of and contribute to the lives of those with special needs
● Grow your knowledge and understanding of our equine partners
● Learn new skills related to horses
● Share your knowledge, skills, experience, and interests with others
● Make new friends while giving back to others
● Give the gift of your time
● Receive educational opportunities
● Be part of the High & Mighty community
To download the Volunteer Application Form, please click here.