Volunteer with Us
Volunteering at High & Mighty provides the unique opportunity to support a participant in learning new skills while also creating a place to build relationships with kind people and special horses in a beautiful setting.
Volunteers are essential to running a successful program and without you the program could not continue.
This is a wonderful opportunity to help others, meet friends, enjoy the outdoors, become involved in the community, participate in events, and learn about horses. It can also serve to fulfill community service requirements that your school or organization may encourage/require.
Program areas in need of volunteers include:
Ground work with horses
If you have any other special skills that you would like to contribute to the High & Mighty mission, please let us know!
You must be 14 years of age or older to volunteer in program; however, if you are younger than 14 and would like to volunteer, please contact us as there are other areas of need. We also require that you complete a volunteer training session. We are looking for individuals who are responsible, interested and positive. Previous horse experience and/or experience with special needs populations is a plus but is not required.
Ideally, volunteers are asked to assist fairly regularly, preferably at least once a week for about two hours. Regular participation allows meaningful relationships to develop and enables volunteers to experience a participant’s progress firsthand.
Benefits of Volunteering include:
- Assisting others in reaching their goals
- Providing participants with individualized attention
- Developing an understanding of and contribute to the lives of those with special needs
- Growing your knowledge and understanding of our equine partners
- Learning new skills related to horses
- Sharing your knowledge, skills, experience, and interests with others
- Making new friends while giving back to others
- Giving the gift of your time
- Receiving educational opportunities
- Being part of the High & Mighty community
We wish to thank our community of volunteers for all you do with us at High & Mighty!
We can’t do it without you. Thank you for the gift of your time to High & Mighty’s mission and to our participants.